Mobile Pre-School Supervisor - 2019
Singleton Council is now seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Supervisor to take on an exciting and inspiring role as the Mobile Pre-School Supervisor. This role is the Nominated Supervisor and Educational Lead and is responsible for the day to day operations of the mobile preschool and leadership of the team. This role is critical for the adherence to licencing and statutory requirements.
We are seeking a high performing employee with the drive to establish quality relationships with children and families. The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members, parents and children.
The responsibilities of this position include;
- Being the Educational lead and nominated supervisor
- Delivering effective administration and operations for the service
- Coordinating the planning and implementation of a quality educational program
- Coordinating the promotion of health and safety of all staff and children
- Coordinating the mobile pre-school team to build positive relationship with all stakeholders
The essential and desirable criteria for this position are:
- Relevant qualification of Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent
- Nominated Supervisor experience, including demonstrated ability to lead and mentor staff
- Working knowledge of the Education and Care National Regulation and Law 2011, National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Framework
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a high quality educational program based on appropriate curriculum and legislative frameworks and child protection procedures
- Demonstrated staff leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and flexibly within a team environment with well-developed organisational skills
- Previous experience in the education and care of children aged 2-5 Ability to demonstrate well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with both adults and children
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC), First Aid Certificate, including anaphylaxis and asthma training
- Child protection training
- University Qualifications in Early Childhood Education
- Experience in management reporting and budgeting
- Demonstrated computer skills (i.e. managing word processing & spreadsheets)
- Ability to meet the requirements of Educational Leader (in accordance with National Quality Framework).
This position is both challenging and rewarding and would suit someone who enjoys leading a team, and also being hand on as an educator for children.
The position is offered on a part time permanent basis working 32 hours per week and is placed at Grade 8 of the salary system ($28.73 to $32.32 per hour, plus superannuation).
Council also offers a range of employee benefits and professional development.
To apply for this position please complete the online questionnaire and provide a cover letter and copy of your resume. All applicants must address the selection criteria via the online application to progress your application.
For further information, please refer to the application instructions Information for Intending Applicants, the Position Description or contact Peta Pitzner - Team Leader Children Services on (02) 6578 7555.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11:30PM Monday 19 February 2018