Early Childhood Teacher
Singleton Council provides a range of support and services to the Local Government Area (LGA). Development and regulatory services, works and waste management, parks and facilities together with our children’s, youth and library services ensures strong links within our community. Just minutes off the Hunter Expressway, Singleton is easily accessible from Maitland, Newcastle and the broader Hunter Region.
Colleen Gale Children’s Services has been operating since 1994. Our educational and care service caters for 46 children per day between the ages of six weeks to five years and through the transition to school. With spacious playgrounds set amongst a rural bush setting Colleen Gale Children’s Services is an ideal education and working environment.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for an energetic, passionate and dedicated Early Childhood Teacher to join our team. You will be an integral part of the team with responsibility for the planning, delivery and supervision of a high quality and diverse education program based on current legislative frameworks and curriculum requirements. You will assist in the development and application of policies and curriculum evaluation whilst leading and supporting other educators to provide a warm and positive environment for all staff and children.
- Early childhood teaching qualification, with accreditation
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC), First Aid Certificate, including anaphylaxis and asthma training
- Thorough knowledge of curriculum and legislative frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to establish and implement education and developmental programs for young children
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Previous experience in the care of children aged 0-5
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of WHS and risk management
- Experience in implementing and programming for children with additional needs
- Demonstrated ability to mentor educators
The position is offered on a full time basis working 35 hours per week and placed at Grade 7 of the salary system with a pay rate range of ($1,024.97 to $1,152.95 per week).
Council also offers a range of benefits including rostered day off program, ongoing professional and personal development and local gym membership discounts.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a position where you can make a real difference, let us know you are interested by applying. To apply for this position please click on “Apply” and ensure you provide a copy of your resume and a cover letter. You will be required to address the selection criteria via the online application. Please note this is a mandatory section and must be completed to progress your application.
For further information please refer to the application instructions “Information for Intending Applicants”, the attached Position Description or contact Peta Pitzner - Team Leader Children Services on (02) 6578 7555.
Closing Date for Applications: 31 October 2018